View Single Post
Old
  (#14)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 17-11-2005, 13:54

I'm probably going to buy this SIM, but I'm still trying to pull some information off their website. I'd like to know what the costs of outgoing calls are beyond Group I. I'd like to know what the price of incoming calls are beyond Group III. I'd like to know expiratation dates, etc. Does the service have voicemail? Does it work better than Riings? Who else offers it.

What doesn't make sense to me is that they purport to offer free incoming calls in countries where incoming calls are not generally free, (e.g. Mexico and Kuwait), but charges for some countries where incoming calls are free (e.g. Tanzania and Kenya). I thought for a minute about whether they subsidize the costs of incoming calls in really cheap countries, but Hong Kong should make that list in a heart beat.

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted to get the UAE. My wife's biggest clients are there and I go there all the time.

Orate's website doesn't give enough information. I think we might need to make an informal Wiki to 09.

To Effendi and AndreA. I've build a Excel Spreadsheet comparing country by country Riiing and Hop. I'm thinking of updating this to include 09 as well. If we do this, I do this, do you think we can put it into some country searchable database. With Riiing and 09 I'm rethinking when I buy a prepaid in a country. It used to be that I would buy a prepaid if I was there more than two days. It has been drifting upward quickly. Between Skype and Riiing, I've skipped many countries. My wife worked for two weeks in Turkey and just used Riiing.

Stu