View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
LBarouf (Offline)
Official Member

Angry Furious United-Mobile customers (or ICQ)? - 04-01-2009, 05:21

Let's just say that I am *NOT* a happy camper lately with United-Mobile.

I travel extensively and the international prepaid service is a no brainer in my opinion. At first, in Europe I had nothing but good service.

But... lately, I have found that they no longer offer 24/7 support, when you call out of the standard EU business hours, tough luck, wait until their shift is back at work. A nice way of saying, we don't care if this means for you to call in the middle of the night from where you are now. Gee, I taught you were in the business to cater people traveling around the world pfff....

I understand they being an MVNO means getting the service from either FL1 or Jersey Telecom, but since they have their own HLR, can't they figure out when a call has been successfully placed or not? I am trying to get them to refund calls that never went through but that their billing system won't take out. be careful, check all you call logs if you use these guys, especially, if you're in a country not known for their good quality phone lines...service may be worst with United Mobile. I'm not considering using only local providers.

That, and on top of their ever changing fees. +44 vs +423 and if you had data or not, and when you subscribed to the data package (prior to Oct 2008 and after are charged differently!).

Data option... well, I paid the 3 euro to "upgrade" my service so I can attach in packet switch to the networks (get data service in other words), but to no avail. Every time I try, it says I'm not subscribed to the service. 2 months after I placed a call during their business hours, spoke with customer service, still not resolved! I am really pissed at this poor customer service who can't keep you updated an iota.

Anyone else having such a hard time?

-A disgrunted user warning the others (because I'm moving away from their service).