View Single Post
Old
  (#11)
bartolo5 (Offline)
Official Member

Default 04-11-2010, 19:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by masr4779 View Post
I have been trying to purchase a truphone sim card now for two weeks. I seem to be having some extreme difficulty with the website, and the truphone customer service. First, when I tried to add a credit card to the account that I created, the card is not authorized. I emailed and then spoke on the phone with the help desk. The first person I spoke with told me that it seems like they are having some problems, so what he was going to do was just mail me a sim card and then I could try adding a card when I activate the account. 10 days later no card. I call again, they tell me that they show no record of sending me a sim card, and that they would not send me a sim card. They said to try again to purchase one online, and if it does not work the problem is with my bank. I tried several different cards (with several different banks) none of them work. I call each bank and the banks all verify authorized charges by truphone that never post (so the charge was accepted). I try to explain this over email and phone calls with truphone. They insist that it is my banks error, not theirs. I try again and again to buy a sim card, each time verifying with my bank that a charge from truphone has been authorized. I explain that to truphone. No response. I even create an account with truphone voip, and add $5 to that account. Truphone ignores the email when I ask them to verify that there is a card added to that account.

As of this morning, I have now sent three emails that have not been answered. The whole process began over two weeks ago and I still have not been able to get a sim. I would like to purchase this sim, and I really like the "local anywhere" concept. I travel to Spain and the UK enough to where this would work (even before Spain becomes a "member" country). It seems difficult to believe that this company will actually succeed if they cannot even satisfy a costumer that is happy to give it business. Regardless of what the problem is, you would think that within two weeks they would find a way to accept my money for their product.
I have used US credit cards in the past with them without any issues but it has been a while since I last recharged my account. I have two SIMs with them.
I am not sure what's going on with their website, things seem to be pretty stalled over there. Note the original post of this thread and the later reply from Truphone here mentioning that the pricing information is incorrect in the rates section. Just checked yesterday and they still haven't fixed the pricing info on the website that sounds bizarre to me. Maybe they are working on relaunching the service/website once the new countries kick in and they are not working on the old stuff anymore, I have no idea.

I agree with you, it almost seems like Truphone doesn't care about local anywhere too much. There haven't been updates in a long long time and if your operational issues are true it's difficult to see how this sort of service can gain any traction. Hopefully things will change soon.