View Single Post
Old
  (#9)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 22-02-2010, 22:51

Thanks for that information. Maybe they intended one promo code per user (like an "invite") so although I've ordered a card (US address) it'll be interesting to see if they get too many requests.

I can't find any information about validity and expiry either (but at a price of zero I'll take a chance on that). US prices (from the US, at the "local" rates) are fine, especially to international landlines.

But the roaming rates are weird - some are very high (Mexico), on some the "standard" rate is cheaper than callback (France, Spain, calling US) and some are just plain garbled (Cook Islands - I think it sort of implies texts and data only, no voice, probably an error).

(edit) in the T&C it has "We shall be offering the Truphone Local Anywhere SIM card and its services (the Product) to all Truphone customers and SIM4Travel customers (Customers) who have given Truphone prior consent to use their personal data for marketing purposes (Offer)." - so it's probably only valid for existing customers.

Last edited by RTuesday; 22-02-2010 at 23:13..