View Single Post
Old
  (#5)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 21-04-2009, 22:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjock View Post
OK but my questions still stand.. can i simply get her the new phone and have her number ported or transfered to it? also the pin function was disabled on my vodafone call ya card how I did it I do not remember no matter.. any help pls

G
You can use a Vodafone SIM in any GSM phone that is not simlocked, or one that is simlocked to Vodafone prepaid. The phone you saw for 13 euros at Media Markt contains a SIM, and this will be activated when you buy it (they will ask for ID and all). However, you do not have to use this SIM, and you can take it out of the phone and put in your friend's Vodafone SIM instead. It should work fine; the phone will be simlocked to accept only Vodafone prepaid SIMs, but if that's what your friend's one is, it will almost certainly accept it. (And if it does not, it is generally very easy to remove the simlock from a Nokia.)

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell