View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 20-04-2008, 21:43

Yep, Mova's nothing special, though the free minutes here and there for shopping at Carrefour might make me buy a SIM to burn them off (Otwock, where I am much of the time, has a Carrefour Express, a de facto monopoly supermarket). I notice that it seems to be the first Plus-related offer to give cumulative card validity, up to 12 months (but at the same stingy rate of 3 months/50 PLN that pretty much all prepaids offer in Poland). As it is, to enjoy your free minutes, you still have to buy airtime regularly just to keep the SIM active, and it's nothing special.

A low-priced international SIM, or one with generous expiration, is something that could make a big difference on the Polish market. But, for example, Play had the chance to do something bold (as a new player, pardon the pun), but it had comparable rates, rapid expiration, and rotten international rates as everyone else. Now it's Carrefour's turn to be undistinguished. Hmmph.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell