View Single Post
Old
  (#52)
ghostrider (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 18-05-2018, 21:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetKen View Post
My Piranha Mobile sim card on my dual sim BlackView BV8000 Pro went out of service a couple of days ago. It's the KR/Telna Mobile based sim card.

When I went to the Piranha Mobile website, they are now urging people to get a new sim card free of charge. Explanation on their website is rather long but basically that after Telna sold out to Know Roaming in late 2017, the quality of service went way down and roaming rates to resellers went drastically up. Supposedly if you file a trouble ticket asking for a new sim card they will provide one and transfer the existing balance. Good question is will the old phone number carry over? And will rates still be competitive since no rate chart can be found on the general (non-login) website any more.

I put in a trouble ticket asking for a new sim card and will see what happens. Actually will have to also put in a second ticket for a second sim I got for an emergency phone for my father.

Will give them a week or two to provide replacements from the UK to the US.

The Piranha sim is used primarily for foreign travel and next likely travel would be last week of June.

My primary sim is a US only H2O prepaid sim that works on AT&T.

I'm hoping the new Piranha sim card (if and when it comes) will have T-Mobile US roaming capability (the old sim card used to roam on both AT&T and T-Mobile and then worked only on AT&T).
Good luck. I loved this card or the idea behind at least but then I ended up hating it. Like you in fact I kept it into a dual sim phone and it seemed to work well. Then all of a sudden the card was registered on the network only apparently (not really registering) or not finding the net itself. I sent the sim to Uk for a check but to no avail. The problems worsened until they began to day that it was my dual sim phone and replying on this forum in a harsh way to my comments. It was a lost occasion, I loved the idea to have two numbers (US and UK), plus voip and so on but reliability is of utmost importance if you go abroad so...

International roaming sim in portfolio:
Tellink, Lemonsim, Travelsim, Airbalticcard, Mtx Connect.
Slot 1
Ho. Mobile
Slot 2
Tellink Roaming Sim

Abandoned sim cards: Piranha mobile, Ortel Mobile