View Single Post
Old
  (#78)
Forkedman (Offline)

Default 25-06-2010, 03:37

I've recently purchased a Tchibo stick (20eu at the moment with the 500mb free) and I want to upgrade to the flat rate plan.

Now, these questions might seem stupid but I can't read German and can only speak a very little, so the going is slow when it comes to finding information. I hope you'll all forgive me.

Now, as I understand it, to upgrade to the new plan I need to buy credit (either Tchibo(from the store) or O2 (from all over the place)) and apply this to my account/phone number. Is it possible for me to add the credit via the web, even if I buy it in a store?

I ask this because at the moment I don't have a phone, nor do I intend on buying one while I'm in Germany unless I must.

I've noticed that the stick software has SMS features, however when I tried to activate the free 500mb plan all my SMS bounced back or didn't send(I'm not sure which). So I'm concerned that I won't be able to activate the credit via the SMS featues on the stick and with my very poor german and lack of a mobile(handy) it's a hassle to activate anything over the phone.

So, I guess I'm asking what my options are here and how I would best go about upgrading to the flatrate.

And I'm sorry if this post is a mess, it's 4am and I'm jet lagged and really not thinking that clearly. Maybe I've missed something really obvious.

Thanks.