View Single Post
Old
  (#56)
jchoo (Offline)

Lightbulb 28-09-2009, 12:14

Hello,

I'm currently an AT&T customer at home in the US, but am in the middle of a month long trip to England for work. I purchased a quad band, unlocked phone (samsung S5230) for use here with an Orange prepaid sim (on Camel, for 6p/min calls back home). I am also going to be sent to Spain (Almaraz) for work in November, and am trying to figure out what my best option is for inexpensive calls back home. I expect to use anywhere from 20-60 minutes of talk time per day calling home, so the "home option" of utilizing my AT&T sim is right out. From the research I've done, I am leaning toward a Lebara sim, but I would like some guidance. I am also looking to purchase a USB modem for 3g internet use with my laptop. Is there anything available in Spain like there is here in the UK, such as the £25ish per month for 5 gb that is offered by Orange? I am also open to using my phone as a modem, but this phone is not 3G (didn't need it, as my hometown in the US won't be getting 3G for at least another 8 months!)

So, a recap for the TL:DR crowd:

US customer on postpay AT&T
have the following additional sims: UK Orange PAYG, UK Talkmobile PAYG
going to Almaraz, Spain
will call almost exclusively back to the US (mobile number)
using quad band (not 3g) phone
also looking for 3g usb modem and sim with 1gb or larger prepaid data plan

Thanks in advance,

-Joe