Old
  (#412)
ghostrider (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 16-05-2017, 19:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
I just looked up the rates for Italy
and they show three different networks used.
HG3, Wind and TIM.
Are the other networks a possibility for your needs?
I tried and retried all day long. Let me describe the problem in details.
The piranha sim I used, apart from some issue at the beginning when I noticed a certain difficulty registering on mobile networks (already described in this and many other forums) was working pretty ok.
Yesterday evening I rebooted my oneplus 3T (a top notch headset, dual sim, LTE) and discovered that the sim was not receiving any calls. In fact it showed full signal but if I tried to call myself from another phone, the voice said "the number you have dialled is out of coverage". No sms, no outgoing calls too.
I have been in contact all the afternoon with the customer care and even if at a certain point I received one test call from them and was also able to call an Italian landline, in at least other ten calls I could not make the call start.
So I decided to change operator, but to no avail since problems persisted.
I know you are wondering if it's my headset's fault but it isn't. All this morning I used in the second slot another sim card (an Italian sim card) and it worked. I also inserted an Estonian sim and it is actually working.
Customer care suggested me to repeat operations after putting the Piranha in the simcard slot 1 and I did so. Even in this case it is not working.
What I liked most of this simcard where the prices and the US number, since it can be reached at a lower price than Estonians but on the other side I don't want to ruin my beautiful and perfectly working ONEplus 3T phone putting and taking out this sim card trying all day to make things work.
I have reached an agreement with the customer care. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna send the sim back so they can check it. I told them that instead of a full refund I would prefer a working simcard with the same number. I'll specify this in an attached letter and hope they will try to help.
Thanks anyway for your post.

International roaming sim in portfolio:
Tellink, Lemonsim, Travelsim, Airbalticcard, Mtx Connect.
Slot 1
Ho. Mobile
Slot 2
Tellink Roaming Sim

Abandoned sim cards: Piranha mobile, Ortel Mobile