View Single Post
Old
  (#8)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-06-2018, 06:41

Besides DrimSIM from Russia which i sometimes use for the low per-MB rate until a get a local SIM, Koko Mobile seems to be an interesting choice. It's by far the best priced Naka product with monthly packages.

I still have issues with DrimSIM about their different network profiles which have to be changed through the Toolkits app. You never know which to choose. "EU" is for most EU countries which makes sense, but "Oris" is for major EU countries like France, Greece, Austria or Italy. You don't know which to choose (DrimSIM doesn't name the country/profile matches) and trying out all profiles when entering a new country is annoying.

There is another string attached in their T&Cs that makes this Koko SIM quite unappealing for occasional users: "When using the SIM regularly it will not expire, but If you do not use the SIM card for a period of 120 days, a small monthly processing / number reservation fee (currently CHF 1.00) will be debited from the balance of the SIM from the 120 +1 day on. When the balance is completely consumed, the SIM card expires.

So when I'm low on balance after a trip and forget to replenish, my card will expire after 4 months only. A minimal use every 3 months or so is better than running into their inactivity fees and eventually shut-off.