View Single Post
Old
  (#52)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 03-12-2012, 10:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkeeper View Post
Hi All, Just come back from a business trip , Belgium, USA and Canada, I normally use the Piranha Sim. Thought I would give the XxSim a go, for the free roaming etc, big mistake, when I returned I found I had a BT bill to pay, over £100.00, and that was on the friends and family tariff ( if i was not on this tariff the cost would have been closer to £300.00, lucky I did) BT cheap international phone calls & International calling plans. I checked with BT to see if this was correct, which it was, if I had used my normal choice the cost would have been closer to £30.00 in total. I am now waiting for my wife’s mobile bill, I have been told that the calls to the XxSim number are £1.00 per minute, fortunately she only used it a couple of times when calling my XxSim number, if I had used my Piranha she could have called my UK number within her contracted bundled minutes. More fool me, never again. Word of warning, USERS BEWARE!!!!
sorry to say that, but you should never use any foreign SIM card without checking the rates with your provider upfront. Thats why i set up a different calling route for the XXSim in our phone switchboard which gets the cost down from 39ct/min (from our regular provider) to about 18ct/min on a different VoIP carrier...

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9