Thread: Greece GPRS?
View Single Post
Old
  (#69)
gmmour (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 05-09-2008, 02:34

At Rhodes, I had Wind 3G coverage in the City of Rhodes, Paradeisi (Airport) and Maritsa (old airport area)! I didn't check my phone coverage in Lindos because I was too amazed by the spectacular view (first time on the island)...

I even visited my friend's father at his newly built home in a remote isolated farm behind the old Maritsa airport where he had just finished building a beautiful home and he equiped it with high-end PCs with Vodafone VMC 3G for internet (and he had 3G coverage) and Vodafone At Home fixed phone! I was amazed by the traditional house with all the modern amenities in the middle of nowhere!

@dg7feq: Have you activated the SIM, i.e. can you receive incoming calls? In order to activate the SIM you have to make a call to any chargeable number and listen through the whole activation message, after that you can hang up without completing the call and getting charged for it, but you have to listen to the whole message! After that you can send and receive SMS and you can receive incoming calls!
If you've done that, then make sure you have the correct SMSC number in your SMS settings, it's +30693599000 for Wind...
If you can't figure this out call 1260 (0,24EUR/call) they will help you find out why you can't send SMS and they will also activate Wind plus non-stop for you.

By the way, can you send SMS to other numbers besides 19349? Have you tried a different device? My best bet is the SMSC settings...