View Single Post
Old
  (#10)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 21-01-2009, 21:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyone View Post
Thanks for all the info. I meant by a mobile phone shop - a shop that sells only mobile phones with all makes/service providers covered.
If you mean a shop which sells phones/accessories and both prepaid and postpaid sims from many operators, then such a thing doesn't exist in Poland . The closest to that definition are second-hand shops with services which I have already mentioned. Primarily they were trading second-hand phones as well as were unlocking and repairing phones. Currently they also sell prepaid sims of most brands, top-ups, accessories and sometimes also new phones (usually older models from "warehouse cleaning").

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyone View Post
I am in Wroclaw in a couple of weeks, will go into Media Market - the one I am thinking of is in the Galleria and try and sort out a sim card.
Media Markt is an excellent choice for you. It's a self-service store, so you take a sim and top-up scratch card from the shelf, you pay (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro cards accepted) and that's all. You won't probably have to say/understand a word in Polish .

BTW, until 15th Feb you can use the "double top-up" promotion. If you add at least 30 PLN in one transaction to your account, your next top-up within next 5 days will be doubled (but the bonus won't be larger than 150 PLN).