View Single Post
Old
  (#30)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 11-05-2010, 21:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
...I checked half a dozen Cepsa gas stations, several Correos post offices in larger cities and all Telecor shops on the island and none had SIM cards in stock.
Wow! And I though I was alone in doing that sort of thing on a holiday! i.e. Driving all over an island looking for a SIM!! (of course very much to my girlfriends delight....)

Quote:
I finally ended with a Vodafone SIM with the "Bonos por Tiempo Semenal" pack giving unlimited traffic for 7 days for € 19 (throttled to 64 KBit/s after exceeding 1GB). Unfortunately there are two issues for non-Spanish customers with Vodafone: On the one hand you can't recharge your credit from an ATM with foreign debit cards and on the other hand they don't accept foreign credit cards for online recharges at http://tienda.vodafone.es/recargas, which would give a 30% bonus for each recharge.
If you want, drop me a PM/email with the number and I will top it up with my Spanish card and you can paypal me later.

Quote:
Anyway compared to countries like the US and France (the axis of wireless evil) Spain has absolutely great and widely available prepaid internet offers!