View Single Post
Old
  (#143)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 04-06-2013, 18:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwi View Post
Lycamobile US uses Tmobile only as well, so I suspect they have some special deal with Tmobile. The fact that they have free incoming calls in the US without a US IMSI (I think they are the only mobile operator that does this) suggests a highly negotiated deal with Tmobile.
That's interesting because according to p.2 of this document Dutch Vodafone customers are charged higher rates when roaming on AT&T than on other US networks. Hence you should assume that Vodafone NL's wholesale purchase price for airtime on AT&T is higher and so other roaming networks should be preferred. But there are many possible reasons why toggle does not roam on T-Mobile - one of them could be lacking support of the required CAMEL phase that enables realtime billing, a basic requirement for prepaid tariffs.
Anyway, I expect toggle to start assigning American IMSIs from Lycamobile sooner or later and then customers will be locked to T-Mobile.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 04-06-2013 at 18:53..