View Single Post
Old
  (#8)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 20-01-2009, 08:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyone View Post
If I go for the Heyah card can I just buy one and top up in a mobile phone shop in Poland and tell them flat rate.
I don't know what you mean by "mobile shop". If you mean "Heyah dealer", there aren't any. Heyah SIMs and top-ups are not sold at Era dealers either (though it's an Era "subrand").

You can buy a Heyah SIM at newsagents, petrol stations, some bookstores, electronic shops (Media Markt, Saturn, Electroworld, some local chain electronic stores usually denoted by "AGD RTV" or "RTV AGD" like Euro), independent second-hand mobile shops/services (Komis GSM, Serwis GSM, Serwis telefonów komórkowych or sth like this).
However, don't count very much on the shop assistant's help in switching the tariff. Even if he/she speak English, may not know about the tariff . Just use the code I told you in the previous post.

At all those places (and many more, practically everywhere where you see a red hand logo) you can buy a top-up. There are scratch cards or terminal printouts with top-up codes for 5, 20, 30 and 50 PLN. If there's a language issue, write down "Proszę doładowanie Heyah za X PLN" ("A Heyah top-up for X PLN, please"). From terminals, you can also top-up with any full zlotys amount from 5 to 500 directly to your account. In this case, write down "Proszę doładowanie Heyah dla numeru xxx xxx xxx za X PLN" (A Heyah top-up for the number xxx xxx xxx for X PLN, please") where xxx xxx xxx is your phone number without +48.
There also top-ups available from ATMs ("bankomat") operated by Bank BGŻ, BZ WBK (both 20-500 PLN) and Euronet (5-500 PLN). They all have English menus. You select "other services" or sth like this and type the nine digit phone number. I'm not sure if they accept chip-only cards - I'm afraid they "run" on magnetic stripes (=> skimming risk ).