View Single Post
Old
  (#11)
Danidw (Offline)

Default 19-10-2014, 23:32

Inquisitor, I'm sorry my post sounds like PR. I am a real person and use the Naka card as a normal customer. If you want some proof, just ask for it: Monthly account statement, passport, ID, whatever you need.

I didn't know the other packages you mentioned. Toggle seems to be a valid alternative, although limited to only a few countries. Naka covers the whole world though.

Swisscom packages are very very expensive. You always have to buy a certain amount, after a month it's gone. With Naka you only pay for the data you used, that might be a few kB. For a pilot like me, being just a day in a country and the depart again, that is the perfect solution. I remember my life before: First day in a city running for some local sim cards, paying a fortune, fumble around with the passwords, sometimes it works, next time I come back the sim card is expired...

Yes, my brother works for Swiss. You can also have a copy of his passport, if you want.

When your prepaid amount is consumed, the service stopps. You can subscribe to automatical top-up. So you will never have to worry about an empty account. You have to choice for several numbers, you can have a US one and other countries. I don't know what's the advantage of having a number of one country. I just use data anyway. Is there anyone still making phone calls?

You don't have to buy the Naka card. But I will be forever greatful they exist. May they have a dodgy background, I don't know. But the service certainly is great!

Dani