Old
  (#37)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 30-03-2006, 08:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaimon
Sorry.... no offence intended.
Hey, it wasn't any offence, rather bitter irony (I put a smiley in the end of the sentence).
And in fact it's not about the country, rather about the operator. All I can blame Polish authorities about those rates is 22% VAT instead of 15% (the lowest allowed in the EU). But even lower VAT wouldn't have to lower the final price - the operator could just increase the profit margin even more :whistle: .

But those rates can be cut down and Era showed this. In the summer 2005, they enabled cheap roaming in Europe. For 6 PLN actication fee and 2 PLN monthly fee, each prepaid (Tak Tak, but not Heyah) and postpaid customer while roaming in entire Europe (except Russia only) had a flat rate 2 PLN/min for both incoming calls and outgoing calls to ANY country in the world.

What makes me really angry is the following. Since a call from Era network to any European (not only EU) country can costs 1.70 PLN, so incoming calls in Europe should cost at most the same. Moreover, since in prepaid all calls must(?) be routed via the home country to provide the control of the remaining credit, then any call:
Eur. country 1 -> Poland (routing) -> Eur. country 2 should not cost more than 2 * 1,70 PLN = 3,40 PLN/min for both "legs" which is much below 1 EUR for all. Perhaps CAMEL roaming involves some extra costs which don't occur in callback roaming and that's why my reasoning is wrong, but what the question about rates for incoming calls remains valid - why to pay 7.31 instead of 1.70 :ranting2: ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaimon
I MEANT the highest EU rate for T-MO DE, not in the entire EU. Since I had the DE T-MO roaming rate chart handy (no pun intended), I used that just as an example of roaming rates. I think the E+ roaming rates are even higher than for T-MO DE.
But the case that I described has some things in common.
1) Era is almost half owned by T-Mo and it may be fully owned soon (T-Mo has been "fighting" for years to take over shares from Polish shareholder and Vivendi, and won in the court again a few days ago).
2) Malta seems to be the most expensive roaming country in Europe for many roamers.