View Single Post
Old
  (#5)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 14-08-2011, 20:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roti2000 View Post
My other big challenge between now and December is to hope that I can recharge successfully the Telcel from the US so my number doesn't die. I haven't done this before and apparently it can be done online or through recharge cards available at Walgreens, etc.... However, I do not underestimate the ability of Carlos Slim to screw me over!
I've used babblebug.com successfully in the past to recharge Telcel online, there are others also like ezetop and pinzoo.

Physical Telcel recharge cards are also available from a few smaller dealers in the US mainly in the border areas, but recharging online is easier. Even in Mexico the physical recharge cards are disappearing as stores like Oxxo just recharge phones via the cash register system.

Be sure to register for online access to your account at "Mi Telcel":
https://www.atencionenlinea.telcel.c...ntes/index.jsp
(you need to receive an sms on the phone for activation).

Then you can check the balance (saldo) and expiry date online.

To keep both the balance and the card active you need to recharge with at least 100 pesos every 60 days (make it a few days less than 60 days, to be sure). This balance rolls over for as long as the card is active, so it'll all be available for your use when next in Mexico.

Sims: Telcel MX, T-Mobile US, Virgin Mobile UK, Orange UK, Knowroaming
Voip: Localphone UK, Anveo US, Google Voice