Thread: Easyroam
View Single Post
Old
  (#7)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-05-2010, 08:51

Easyroom it's nice that you know the reason why I am no longer using your card. But it's better I really speak for myself unless you can read my mind !

Yes taking Belgium of the list was 1 of the reason. It's very strange that an EU country like Belgium is taken off free roaming where other suppliers have free roaming in Belgium.

My biggest problem was the sudden change to fair use. You now specify what you think is fair use which was not the case when you introduced this. I don't like fair use policies as in these terms it's up to the provider to decide. If you have rules don't call them fair use specify them.

Even when it's written down 10x usage for free incoming than outbound it still does not see how this is measured. Per Day, Week, 2 Weeks, Month, 2 Month, 3 Month ? Again this is unclear. If there are limits specify them.
Take skype they offer like 10.000 minutes per month for a flat rate. They do although limit the number of calls per day to 30 or 40 (don't know the exact number). If you go over it you have to pay.

Betamax offers 300 minutes per 7 days free calls to fixed numbers. If you use more than 300 minutes withoin 7 days you get charged. Wait a few days and you have free minutes again.

One could do the same for incoming calls. Measure this over a 1 month time. If the ratio is higher than 10:1 you would for example charge a setup for incoming. 7 days later the ratio might be down to say 6:1 and the user will still get free incoming.

Technically this is all possible but not many companies use it and go to the fair use system where they decide when to disconnect a customer.

For me this was the important reason not to use your service. I am now using a different supplier that does not have this fair use policy and I am very happy.