View Single Post
Old
  (#260)
MBK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 05-11-2013, 11:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsotirop View Post
MBK which callback company you use? Betamax require internet connection to trigger a callback
I use betamax.

Yes it needs to enable the data connection to trigger the callback, but this is so cheap it's irrelevant imho.

With Toggle in Toggle countries the data cost is less than 1 cent to trigger the callback (in my account it is often showing 0.002). With the Travelsim perhaps 1 or 2 cents?.

On android I use phone2phone for this, it uses less data than mobilevoip (mobilevoip also checks the balance, the callerid, etc.. and this uses a little more data -- but here we are talking only 1 or 2 cents more, less with Toggle).

Of course some countries have very high data rates. But even then the callback amount to a couple cents only.

Also, on android I have installed a firewall (free download from app store, there are several, Avast mobile security also includes a firewall) to allow only 2G/3G data connections for the app triggering the callback. This is to make sure the phone will not use more than the 1 cent (or less with Toggle). This way you don't have dozens of apps on your phone connecting to the internet as soon as you enable the connection.

Last edited by MBK; 05-11-2013 at 11:09..