View Single Post
Old
  (#63)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 22-07-2009, 03:19

I do not see too many of these global sims offering data any longer. They just cannot compete with most of the local sims. Most of the localk sims have better rates for data even while roaming than the rates for the global sims I checked. The UK sims for example, have reasonable data roaming rates, so I do not see anyone in the EU buying these global sims for data. For us on the US side, the data roaming rates, while expensive, are even better than what some of these global sims are charging.

Again, I just do not see how all these global sim companies in this market that continues to dwindle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam917 View Post
This is exactly what I wondered about when it comes to these global SIMs. They come with a number that costs more than standard numbers to call (though, the numbers they come with are from countries/regions that use the Calling Party Pays model, right?), plus it often costs more to place calls even locally with them, data costs are something I at times find even higher than roaming with my US SIM in plenty of places, so I would expect that _something_ would end up better than at least getting several SIMs and roaming within a few general regions (like a European SIM for roaming within Europe, etc.). Otherwise, wouldn't there be no incentive to buy a global SIM?

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile