Thread: Hungary
View Single Post
Old
  (#17)
hkr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 26-08-2010, 16:51

Hi,

thanks for all the interesting comparison and charts.

I am not 100% sure about DominoWeb, I think that they only take the HUF 490 when you start using the internet, so if you dont use it at all, you dont have to pay either. But I will double check.

The main thing to consider beside price is speed and coverage. I mainly use a 3 MB T-Mobile subscription, but also use Vodafone and Telenor SIMs. I find that T-Mobile is usually the fastest of the three, and they also offer EDGE when 3G is unavailable. Telenor/Djuice also offers EDGE. Vodafone does not, so if there is no UMTS coverage, only GPRS is available. It is useful to remember, especially if you are to use stick in a rural area. But generally speaking all three are usable. With some white spots on the map.

As I need internet on the go, but have modest traffic, I keep three SIMs with me, and if one fails, I might use another.

Postpaid:
3x Vodafone (HU) 1x T-Mobile) formerly also Pannon
Prepaid:
Vodafone, Pannon, T-Mobile (HU) Optimus (PT) SamiSwoi, ERA, Orange (PL) VIP (HR) T-Mobile (AT) Vodafone, O2, Orange, T-Mobile (UK) Vodafone (DE) Data-only prepaid: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Djuice/Pannon (HU)
International SIMs: UM+, Sim4Travel, TravelSim
Phones: Nokia E51, E71, Samsung D880, SE P990i, Ericsson T39m -forever! , many others in the drawer. 3G modems Huawei E220, E870, EU870D, U740, Alcatel X200
VoIP: Justvoip, CallWithUs, Neophonex, fonline, Macrogate and several others for outgoing... DIDs from Macrogate, DIDww, Gradwell, Voxbone and others. FreePBX, Vigor router with inbuilt ATA, Nokia E-series phones.