View Single Post
Old
  (#25)
wco81 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-05-2008, 19:11

Hmm, waited about 30 minutes at the Siena post office to try to buy Poste Mobile. There are signs for it all over the office. I'd also dropped into the post office in Volterra earlier but didn't see any signage and didn't want to wait. Figured a bigger office would be more likely to have it, although, I have to say I couldn't find any mention of carta prepagata Posta Mobile on the poste.it site at all.

While I was waiting there was a clerk opposite the counters. They had a little area there where they sold books, DVDs, video games and apparently TIM, Vodaphone and other top up cards. We tried to communicate, she barely knowing any English and me knowing no Italian. When I mentioned I was interested in the Poste Mobile, pointing at the signs, she seemed to be trying to tell me the TIM top up cards were a better deal. So I told her "carta prepagata" and so she said to wait for someone at the counter.

Well waiting about 15 minutes or so, I got up and asked for that and the clerk at the counter gestured me towards the girl who'd first tried to help me. They went back and forth and the girl said they didn't have any, they'd have it tomorrow.

Oh well, I could have used it, but I will just see if I can find another post office in one of the other towns I plan to visit. But I'm not going to go out of my way looking for it.