View Single Post
Old
  (#14)
kctopitz (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 28-06-2018, 11:21

Yup, Koko clearly just hadn't added the list of countries yet during the switch to the new page. Doing a quick comparison of data pricing between Koko's "World 1" packages and the pay as you go rates from DrimSIM, it really seems to depend on what country you'll be in to determine whether you're saving money by going with a Koko SIM and package. In certain countries, e.g. the US, Thailand and Ukraine, you'd be paying more per MB of data on the cheapest Koko "World 1" package. For others it's about the same, or there is a savings - again, assuming you use close to all the data in your package.

I saw that the minimum top-up for DrimSIM is 5€ which is nice. That, the lower upfront cost and the more lenient requirement of having some activity once per year makes it the more appealing offer for me for an international SIM. I've quoted the relevant section from their user agreement below.

Quote:
7.3 In case of absence of activity from the side of the Subscriber (calls, messages, internet data sessions) on the activated SIM-card within 365 days, servicing of the SIM-card will not be terminated but starting with the 366-th day 0,5 € fee for reservation of subscriber's number will be written off monthly, if no further activity appears. If a zero balance is achieved the SIM-card shall not be used anymore and the subscriber's number shall not be renewed. Then the Agreement will be terminated without an ability to restore the Subscriber’s account. To avoid suspension of the subscriber's number operation within 365 days period it is necessary to carry out any of the following e.g. call, message, data session. Life time of non-activated SIM-card is not limited.