View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Angry US snail mail surveillance and loss of SIM cards sent to the US - 04-07-2013, 11:43

Hello world,

According to my records I have sent 19 SIM cards by registered letters to fellow forum members since late 2008.

Seven of them were destined for receipients in the USA and twelve for people in other countries. Out of the seven SIM cards sent to the US four (57%) never arrived while the twelve SIM cards sent to other countries (Canada, Italy, Hungary, Slovenia, Israel, UK, Sweden, France, Serbia) have all arrived.
What's also remarkable is that the tracking information for all the lost letters shows that they were handed over to USPS before disappearing.

Since foreign SIM cards are known to be a popular method of criminals, terrorists as well as intelligence services to obscur communications I've always been wondering if my high loss rate of SIMs mailed to the US is caused by intentional interception, but it has always seemed to be unlikely to me as SIM cards are too easy to smuggle and interception couldn't really prevent crimes. Actually registering suspicous SIM cards' serial numbers, letting them deliver and then monitoring their usage appeared to be the most reasonable approach to me.

But now that I've read about USPS' surveillance program I fear that the loss of SIM cards I have seen is indeed related to government action.

That is why I would like to ask if anyone else has also experienced such losses of SIM cards sent to the US or if I have just had bad luck.

Cheers

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com