View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-02-2016, 12:33

As I understand, the SIM-only option is not sold yet, but announced to be available soon in the US and UK. Right now, they only sell the MiFi combo, which is not such a good deal after all.

When somebody outside of the US and UK has found a way to get it, please specify how. I think it might be possible, if you have an address in the UK or US (where someone collects mail for you) because it seems to be some waiting involved.
You may order it on a prepaid debit card that is sold in the US. At least some people have suceeded in linking their domestic FreedomPop plan to a temporary debit card.

I'm quite reluctant to add this product to the prepaid data WIKI. While it gives 200 MB roaming data for free and a reasonable rate for overuse; it clearly disobeys the "available to the general public rule" when hardly 5% of the world population have the chance to buy it.

Btw. what is this postcode and address search for? After all it's a roaming data SIM. When they restrict purchase to the UK and US, it's all right to do so and they need just to specify this. Why do you need a local search engine then? Do they have quotas for every state in the US or county in Britain? Such a search engine only makes sense if you have a locally restricted product within the US or UK. But the restriction works much more effectively by the issuing countries of the accepted credit/debit cards and required delivery address.

Last edited by wolfbln; 03-02-2016 at 12:43..