View Single Post
Old
  (#8)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 06-01-2009, 14:27

According to this document termination fees to Jersey Telecom's GSM-network are £ 0,08008 (day), £ 0,04368 (night) and £ 0,02968 (weekend). I don't believe, that these earnings do cover the forwarding-costs to a lot of roaming networks, especially now that the Pound Sterling has weakened. So it had always been quite obvious, that UM does subsidize the free incoming calls by the earnings from outgoing calls. Presumably due to some users (including me), who have a very assymetric ratio between incoming and outgoing calls, UM was forced to introduce the connection fee. Of course that's disappointing, but from the entrepreneurial point of view it's a reasonable decision. Anyway I will abandon UM in favor of solomo, who offer incoming calls in European countries for € 0,10-0,15/min, as soon as my contract with O2 has finished and my number is released for porting.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com