View Single Post
Old
  (#112)
woody1 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 25-05-2013, 19:05

OK, FYI, here's my report on using the BandYou card.

I just got back from a trip to France a couple of days ago, and I used my BandYou SIM card quite a bit while I was there. I also had an Orange Mobicarte card I got because I was there a couple of days before I was able to pick up the BandYou card at my hotel.

The coverage on the BandYou card seemed comparable to the Orange SIM, more or less, at least in the Southwestern part of the country where I was. 4G coverage was sporadic and somewhat unpredictable.

I bought one Bougyes 10€ recharge and applied it using the 630 number. I bought another 10€ recharge to bring home with me. The one I brought home is good until October of 2014.

My plan is to recharge the account again within a year using the Bouyges recharge. I'm hoping that will extend the account for another year.

All-in-all, I think the BandYou card is a good option. The website is not too useful. It doesn't show any usage detail that I can find and the only recharge option on the website is by using a credit card. I tried to recharge using 2 different US credit cards, but was unable to to. The message I got said that they had a problem and were working on it. It would be nice to be able to recharge on the website using a US credit card, but that may never work.

The website also does not show what the account expiration date is, as far as I can determine.

Question: Does anybody know for sure if recharging the account will extend the expiration date? The only thing that I've read says that you need something billable to extend the date. I'm not absolutely sure that I will be able to use the card for roaming while in the US, so I don't know if I can create a billable event, other than by recharging. Does anybody have any thoughts about this?