View Single Post
Old
  (#133)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 14-01-2014, 21:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
OK, I can't help myself. I almost started a new thread but decided not to. I am curious about the SIMs on the 'Travelsim platform'.
TravelSim
airbalticcard
xxsim.com
OneSimCard
Is this all of them?

OK. What are the differences? Only Onesimcard is in US dollars[& based in the US], everything else in Euros?
They all seem to have a way to get decent US rates.
Do all use both AT&T and T-Mobile for US networks?

What have been your experience if you are a user?
Any one that should be avoided at all cost??--what happened?

How well do they work in Europe?
Where do they not work?
If you need USD billing consider EUROSIM http://eng.eurosim.travel/ of the CAMEL platform, their rates (both calls and data) are much cheaper than the ones of onesimcard (TRAVELSIM platform).
plus billing per second for outgoing calls with EU (onesimcard per minute)..plus data billing per 1kb within EU (onesimcard per 10kb)
plus minimum topoup just $10 .while for onesimcard minimum topup $25
plus unlimited validity of the simcard and the credit (never expire), when onesimcard's credit expire after just 10months from the last topup

buying EUROSIM simcards costs half the price of onesimcard. search e bay for seller igorzzz

in USA Camel platform simcards work very good on both AT&T and T-MOBILE. tested personally.
Since the last 2years I have used camel-platform simcards within almost all European countries, their simcards worked at all times without any problem. their simcards are preset to register to "prefered" vodafone brand networks, but you can switch to other networks (non-Vodafone) manually.

when roaming in US calling to other countries with EUROSIM: $0,45/min... ONESIMCARD calling to other countries from US: $0,49/min. incoming calls free at both cases.

EUROSIM and all other based Camel-platform simcards have special data rates of 0,99 USD (0,69EUR. for euro billing simcards) per 1MB in the following countries: Australia, Azerbaijan, Albania, Gibraltar, Hong Kong, Jersey, Egypt, India, Iceland, China, Liechtenstein, Malaysia, New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Singapore, USA, Turkey, Switzerland, South Africa, Japan.

But from my experience as a world traveller with almost all internetional simcards in the market used all these years, for non-EU based customers or without an EU mobile, for roaming within EU countries I recommend PIRANHA http://www.piranha-mobile.com/index....tegory&path=20 . http://www.eurekago.com/en/tariffs/ for roaming withinin EU countries.
Piranha has significantly lower data rates but with data billing per 128kb (Eureka billing per 10kb. 0,25eur./mb within Europe)
Eureka offers free incoming calls to 70countries (including all European countries and most of Asian countries)...and the most important? the rate to call their number prefix (+4207910) is very low! Eureka I think also accept USD payments (but not 100% sure)

My above recommendation is only for non-EU based customers or without an EU mobile, for roaming within EU countries.:
For customers seeking reliability (usually bussiness customers) I recommend Camel-platform simcards
For customers seeking lower possible rates (usually private customers) I recommend: Piranha or EUREKA . (Eureka is a bit better, only because they don't charge for unaswered outgoing calls-MTC -Mobile Termination Charge- as Piranha does).

PAY ATTENTION: for roaming within EU countries the first and only you first have to consider is "HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO CALL THE NUMBER ATTACHED TO EACH INTERNATIONAL SIMCARD"

Last edited by fsotirop; 14-01-2014 at 22:55..