View Single Post
Old
  (#127)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 10-10-2012, 12:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
"Nur erreichbar" means "only reachable" which usually only shows up if your SIM card has been blocked for all outgoing connections due to the verification letter having returned. I guess your hotel didn't accept the letter or returned it for whatever reason. Perhaps they thought it was junk mail because guests usually won't receive mail from a phone company.
Anyway, you will need to contact customer care and tell them that you are a foreigner and that you used your hotel's address for registration. If you also provide your address in the UK, they will reactivate your SIM...
I have had an email exchange with customer service following the message I sent them from 'Mein Fonic'. They confirm that the hotel address I gave is the problem - though I don't know what the hotel did, or failed to do.

Anyway they will not reactivate the SIM unless I supply a German address. They will not accept a UK address. (They are emailing in English and are very polite and apologetic.)

Maybe when I visit Germany again, if the SIM is still in the same state I can try again with another hotel, and warn them in advance to expect the letter and keep it for me.