View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
smudge (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 02-08-2013, 09:51

Mexican, Carlos Slim may be so wealthy because his telephone company "Telcel" probably has the most complicated telephone contracts in the world.

I doubt that many mexicans fully understand their own Telcel contracts because the clauses always have restrictions on further restrictions, on additional restrictions. This makes it almost impossible to compare different tariffs because no one can ever fully understand the consequences of all the different restrictions.

I suspect that most mexicans choose their tariffs with their hearts rather than their heads. I think they choose the tariff that they feel with their heart is the best, but without being completely certain.

Here's an example of what I mean. In most of the world, a topup is a topup. If you don't make a new topup within a certain period of time, your contract ends and you lose your telephone number. This concept is simple. But topups are not always so simple in Mexico!

For example, Telcel has an "Amigo Optimo" tariff that has three different topup periods: "Period 1", "Period 2" and "Period 3". What does this mean? How does this work? Well, even if you don't speak spanish, take a look at Telcel's explanation using eleven "topup diagrams" at the bottom of this page:

telcel.com/portal/personas/amigo/detalles/recarga_amigo.html?mid=1114