View Single Post
Old
  (#33)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 03-01-2009, 15:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
The 7624 problems date back some time ago ...
I have never had a single problem from any Betamax or Finarea brand in reaching active 07624 numbers for 3 years, and nor have I heard of any from several people who own or make calls to these SIMs, such as my family reaching me using 18185, a Finarea prefix-select brand for BT (UK) landlines.

I don't recall and can't find you previously identifying Betamax, and I had previously assumed your non-specific comments meant other providers, such as some that don't have +4476 in their dialplans.

As I said, there were just a few strange calls a few months ago, but not recently; I had one on an attempt to an 07937 number, while other people had them using these providers for ordinary UK mobiles - a recording answered, but to begin with one thought it was a live call, with a person saying hang on a moment, then background noises of a dog barking and TV news. I haven't heard or read of any repetition of this odd problem for quite a while now; perhaps the underlying provider fixed it.

So I think you can be confident that there won't be problems reaching your new SIM, whether ~7624 or ~7924.

Last edited by andy; 03-01-2009 at 15:13..