View Single Post
Old
  (#28)
b1g (Offline)

Default Availability update? Tethering/hotspot use? - 09-10-2009, 14:43

Availability update (October 2009):
Does anyone have any more current information on this offer? The initial post is from Feb 2009 and a scan of this thread and other sites say it is/was 9€/mo, then there's a post above to suggest it's now 12€, in Corsica at least, and for some it's not or no longer available. From Orange's website, the Internet Max option I only find as a daily add-on for 3€, on Mobicarte. I'm going to France next week and am ordering a Mobicarte on the web - it's 15€ including delivery and 5€ credit from Orange's website - and I'll be happy to report back at a later date but for now I'm just wondering if anyone has in the last month activated Internet Max at 9€/mo and how - via their phone (is it straightforward to avg/non-fluent French speakers?) or at an Orange Shop?

Email: Does anyone know if the S60 Gmail app uses one of the "charging" ports for email usage? Even if secure ports like 993, 587, or 465 are available and charge-free?

Connect PC via tethering or hotspot: Has anyone successfully used their mobile either as a bluetooth modem to connect their laptop to the web (tethering), or even create a WiFi hotspot using an app like JoikuSpot? I would have thought the latter is possible, but tethering I don't know.

Thanks for any input!