View Single Post
Old
  (#2)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 18-07-2016, 19:50

Hi. Starting from Amsterdam Vodafone NL is definitely the easiest solution. They sell you Data BloX for €10 with 1 GB valid in all countries you will travel except of Russia. Voice includes Europe only, but you should use a VoIP app like Skype or WhatsApp calls for overseas calling.

You can easily top-up by credit card if you need more and use it as a back-up solution. Surely, in the Baltics and Scandinavia you get cheaper local data, but only for this particular country. But that really depends on how long you are staying and how much time you want to spend for another local SIM for this extra discount. So if you stay for a week in a particular country and plan to spend >1 GB, it may be another option on top.

I had no problems managing this SIM from abroad. You may get familiar with its rules: http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Euro8. I don't think you get it at the airport. I didn't see Vodafone in Schiphol, only lots of Lebara or Lycamobile there. But as soon as you hit Amsterdam downtown, there are many branded Vodafone stores. It can only be a problem on Sundays, when they are closed. Schiphol airport has free WiFi and Amsterdam Central Station is a 15 mins train ride away.

Last edited by wolfbln; 18-07-2016 at 19:57..