View Single Post
Old
  (#34)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-01-2009, 17:31

Andy the fact that you never had problems does not mean that other ones can have problems. That's the problem with these type of problems, some times everyone has them than it's a provider problem, sometimes a few have then than it might be another problem. Connection problems can have many causes. Betamax voicetrading using 3 different routes all having different qualities. You never know which provider it goes through and how they route calls. Hence it might even be different if a call originates from a uk or spanish voip account. So some users might have problems while others not.

I did have some problems some time ago calling the 7624 number but this was in the time those number were in problems, sometimes the call did connect but it just took 50 seconds. sometimes it did not go through, than it worked.
Since betamax now also seems to be able to connect to +423 numbers I don't expect any problems calling the 7924 number.
Even now betamax can call +423 numbers the price is still almost douvle compared to calling a uk mobile number.
As I mentioned above, island does not work with betamax, estonia, no idea if it works. UK mobile still seems to be the only good option.
The only reason I switch from UM is that only belium has incoming call cost, and I use it a lot, most of the time in belgium. 19 cents incoming is than to much and it's strange that only Belgium seems to have this problem as all other roaming card have no roaming cost in belgium. I have mailed UM customer service asking for a reason, so I'll wait and see what they answer.