View Single Post
Old
  (#209)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 23-07-2013, 15:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveRo View Post
I'm using Cosmote internet pass 60 (Cosmokarte) because I can subscribe by SMS from this Nexus Android tablet. It would be cheaper to use internet pass 200 - which currently offers 500MB - but for that I would have to ring 1330 (I tried an SMS with '200' and '500' - doesn't work) which means moving the SIM into a phone and back so I haven't tried it.

Can anyone tell me what happens when you ring 1330? Is it a multiple-choice selection? Is it only in Greek? Any other way of subscribing?

That’s strange. I checked on a Greek forum and they claim that they can use the Internet Monthly Pass 200 by sending an SMS with '500' to 1330.

Alternatively, check my (old) overview on Cosmote here. Back then, there was again the same 500MB offer which was activated by sending '500' to 1333 not to 1330. So you can try the first number instead.

Another option is to activate it by ringing 1330 and see if they have an English language voice prompt. I’m not in Greece at the moment so I can’t check that out. Or you could call the customer service by ringing 13838 where they certainly have English speaking operators and they can certainly activate that internet option for you.

One last and more permanent option is to download the Cosmote What’s Up App from Google Play and activate/deactivate all the available data/voice/sms add-ons or check your remaining MBs/mins/SMS directly from there. If you don’t want to download the App, you can have almost the same functionality by visiting the site m.whatsup.gr from your Android browser.

I’m not sure if the above are available in English but it is relatively easy to activate the 500MB add-on. Just click the top link on the first page and then scroll down to the '500MB for 5€' option. But since both the App and the m.whatsup.gr work only with the What’s Up product, if you have the Cosmokarta instead of the What’s Up prepaid product, you can switch for free to What’s Up by sending an SMS (more info here).