View Single Post
Old
  (#9)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 13-10-2013, 03:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkeeper View Post
If the deal was open to Overseas applicants , is it not the same as the AT&T deal where your Sim has to hit a US tower at least once every 6 weeks, therefore rendering it useless for foreigners unless they travel to the US every 4-6 weeks. These Guys are not stupid i am sure there will be caveats somewhere in the T&cS
I didn't see it on their site, but in a news report. You do have to "hit" a TM tower every 6 weeks and every 3 month period (12 weeks) half the time has to be in the U.S. I'll try and confirm that.
Doesn't the ATT deal just apply to data and not also voice and text?
OTH - Forgetting about the unlimited data - wouldn't the 20¢/min. incoming/outgoing be a money maker? I wonder what they have to pay the foreign carriers for airtime? What do they pay the carrier for text and data?

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.