View Single Post
Old
  (#7)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 10-08-2010, 22:07

This screwed update has two really bad effects: One is that people with activated parallel call (incoming calls will ring on mobile phone and VoIP-account simultaneously) have been unreachable since Friday while callers get an announcment saying the number is inexistant, which is strongly confusing. The other is, that there's a security flaw - if you access online customer service from the same computer after another solomo customer, you'll get to see data from that other customer. Besides these issues their online customer service is full of errors now.
Against the background of their low reliability, their recurring problems with even basic services, the bad network quality of the eplus network, which they are using, the lack of data packs and the cheap(er) rates of reliable providers like Fonic, who use better networks, I've also quit solomo today (I've posted a detailed list of issues causal for my decission on the solomo forum). Hopefully the affected number will be ported to Fonic soon.
All in all solomo seems to be just a public betatest running on minimum investments, which is reflected in all these problems.

In consequence I hereby withdraw my recommendations for solomo, which I made in the past. Fonic seems to be the best alternative for most solomo customers.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com