View Single Post
Old
  (#13)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 19-10-2013, 20:14

DRN -
TM says they now have thousands of old plans out there and hope to get that number below 50 in the next few months. I would double check that the new plan they are giving you (probably better than the rest of us have) does include the new "free" intl roaming. In one place they say new plans after March 2013 are included, another place they say "Simple Choice or New Classic" are included.
TM is definitely not all together on rolling this out. It is supposed to start in 2 days on Monday Oct. 20 - and diff. parts of their web site have diff. info. One page says it doesn't start until Oct 31. Other pages say hi-speed data options are available - but they haven't posted the exact packages and prices, yet. (The free data they claim is capped at 128Kbs. which is fine for email and Google maps.)
I'll report on all this next month. Will use it in China and Hong Kong Oct 27 - Nov 8.

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20ยข/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.