View Single Post
Old
  (#13)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-01-2009, 19:27

I suspect wco81 is mixing up phone security code with the SIM-specific PUK.

Like most phones Nokias have an option to lock the phone for alien SIM cards. If this option is enabled and you swap SIM cards, the phone will always ask for a security code, which is 12345 for Nokias by default.
Some phones remember those SIM cards, for which the phone was unlocked by entering the security code. Others will always ask for the security code, except for the case the original SIM card is used, which was inside the phone, when the lock-option for alien SIMs was enabled.
If you enter that security code incorrectly a couple of times, the phone will reject that certain SIM card forever unless you disable the lock-option.

Anyway, I haven't seen any SIM card that required entering the PUK before the PIN, unless you've incorrectly entered the PIN for three times.

Since wco81 still doesn't disclose, how his phone reacts (especially if the menu is displayed and accessible) after switching it on with the Poste SIM inside, we won't find out, if the SIM or the phone is locked or if the SIM is just refused by some Californian network, to which it is not admitted to for roaming.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com