Old
  (#4)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 14-02-2009, 01:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
Stu -
Aren't you still a U.S. T-Mobile customer? As i recall, you were at one time. If so, why not use their $20/mo. option?
I know BB is available, now, on some pre-paid platforms. It is probably just a matter of time until one of the intl. prepaids has it. Wonder what the cost will be.

...mike
My main phone is on ATT. I don't love Blackberries, but am tempted. I have a Tmobile SIM which is not my main account. My wife uses all the minutes on that account. When she is out of the country, I use the SIM to leach my wife's minutes and let mine roll over. I also use the My Favs to cut down on my minutes. I gave up on the grandfathering once I could no longer pull down the rates for the countries I was visiting. For example, in Kuwait one provider on the old system was over $7 a minute and the other one was $1 a minute and no one could tell us which one was the cheap one. Lastly, I obviously do use the phone for Hotspot calling.

I wasn't talking about on a Blackberry, I thought the guy was talking about a third party service. There isn't very much there.

I have a Nokia E71, but the Blackberry international plans are very tempting. It won't however be $20 a month because I would need to implement a BES server to fully take advantage of TMobile's Blackberry plans.