View Single Post
Old
  (#248)
gkeeper (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 05-11-2013, 00:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBK View Post
Yes, you are right. The 90 days Toggle requirement is not a problem for me as I am regularly in the Toggle countries.

I try to limit my data use to WIFI. On the go, the Toggle and Travelsims cost less than 1 cent to trigger the callbacks and when I really need data on the go I also plug a local SIM. (if I really need data on the go the only option is a data plan, Piranha here once more isn't really useful as it comes out too expensive again).

If I didn't have the Toggle SIM, I would use a local SIM + the Travelism in the dual sim phone for the worldwide free incoming calls and call forwarding.
I only use Data for emails which uses low amounts of Data ( i leave opening attachments for the hotel wi-fi assuming its part of the deal) and the cheapest by a long way without having to buy Data packages (that i may or may not use) is the Piranha Sim. With an average cost of around £0.11 per Mb in Europe, i cannot complain, all the others i have looked at including TRAVELSIM, ONESIM, AIRBALTIC, TOGGLE have a cost of between £0.40 and £0.70 per Mb which can become expensive if you are not aware.
I agree that if you use copious amounts of Data the only way forward is to buy a local Data Sim Package. But for low usage Piranha comes out well in front. If i am mistaken can you send me link of any other card with V/D/SMS (only have single Sim iPhone) that is cheaper or similar and that i can use in Europe and beyond, its always good to have a spare.

As for free roaming, i have never come across anything free in this business and i would not like my like my friends and family to get caught with a huge bill for calling high rate numbers. I like my friends and family too much, but that's just me.:>)

Last edited by gkeeper; 05-11-2013 at 00:25..