View Single Post
Old
  (#200)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 20-06-2013, 23:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwi View Post
I am aware that their are other companies that do not charge extra for calls to Lyca - for example, Voipyo, a Betamax company, charges .5 Euro cents per minute. However, they do not offer DIDs with easy forwarding, and even if I set up a forward with my Asterisk it would not carry the CID information.
Betamax retail brands are outbound CID locked - you can either use pre-registered outbound CIDs or no CID, there's no option for per call outbound CID. Even some of their semi-wholesale brands, such as Siptraffic are inconsistent when it comes to CID.

Look around for a provider with either TDM or quality IP interconnects and your CID will work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwi View Post
My working hypothesis is that the regulated mobile termination rates only apply to certain types of call (perhaps mobile only) and that some of the carriers can route their calls to be eligible for the regulated rates (or appear to eligible for the rates), and some cannot.
Here's the Ofcom regulated prices page: http://media.ofcom.org.uk/analysts/regulated-prices/

For these rates to apply, you need wholesalers with direct local interconnect. Those using third party or international interconnects will obviously be higher.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Last edited by VladS; 21-06-2013 at 00:01..