View Single Post
Old
  (#47)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 09-04-2012, 11:17

I've just received the following questions by PM which I'd like to answer publicly so others may have use of my answers, too:

Quote:
Sorry never done a thread before and don't know where to post my question.
I have used your excellent posts before and purchased a Fonic sim at Staples in De.and referred your number for your credit. .
I used the my Fonic sim in a regular handy and topped it up again last time in Germany.
Now I am returing to Germany and hoping to use it in a unlocked Smart phone.
1.Can I use the same card or do I need to buy one specifically for a smartphone?
Fonic does only have one single type of SIM cards through which you can access any of their tariffs. So yes, you can use your SIM card in any device, be it a dumb phone, a smartphone or a data device.

Quote:
2.If I can use it in the smartphone what do I need to do to activate the Internet-Tagesflatrate mit Kostenschutz 2,50eu,oder the Handy-Internet-Flatrate 9,95eu?
You can activate any of these tariffs by SMS or through Fonic's website. Please refer to Germany - Fonic - Prepaid Wireless Internet Access for detailed instructions.

Quote:
3.Also,This time I am also thinking possibly of buying a surfstick, for my netbook.
Does the same sim card go into the surfstick? or should I buy a seperate one?
As long as your Fonic SIM is not a microSIM (the super-small ones used by these fruit phones) it will fit in any of these sticks. But what smartphone do you actually own? Usually you can tether your netbook to your smartphone by Wifi or at least by a USB cable and so you could share the smartphones Internet connection with your netbook.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com