View Single Post
Old
  (#19)
ckh (Offline)
Amateur Member

Arrow 12-08-2013, 18:53

Hello all,

Let me try to reformulate my last reply again. First of all thanks for all your replies.

rfranzq:
- Offcourse, i'll for sure let you all know my experiences both after the first leg and afterwards.
- I'm planning to take 2 iphones and buy an additional new multi-band phone with a large battery. Maybe a Nokia Asha model.

MBK:
- I really explored onesimcard in detail, but choose for xxsim at the end THIS morning. It's comparable (what costed be some additional questions by email to find out) and they offer both an free US and European number (except the 15 cpm offcourse) and have cheaper sms rates.

DRNewcomb:
- Good point. Thanks!!! In this case I'll setup my home VOIP number to simultaneously call both US mobile numbers. This will then effectively cost us 17 cpm euro in total to receive calls worldwide (2cpm VOIP, 15 cpm XXsim)
- Too bad my VOIP provider doens't allow SMS. I'll research Anveo as they seem to offer a kind of service to build your own Google Voice service. Or are they better ways around this issue?

In general I'm however curious why most of your are against the Estonian number, even if they offer a US number to hand out to friends en family.

At the end paying 17 cpm for a good global reach with one sim provider seems a good deal to me. But offcourse we'll also work with local prepaid sims.

I'll give all mentioned alternatives a view. Anyone familiar with GT-SIM?

Kind Regards,