View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
Rockhead (Offline)

Default 29-06-2006, 18:06

Thanks for the tips.

I will mostly be having business contacts call me. Maybe a handful call regularly. As far as paying the charges, I was planning to give business contacts a CBW dedicated 800#. I figure they can't abuse it if I don't answer - I'll control the phone bill by how often I pick it up. The only problem is that I understand caller ID doesn't work (is that correct??) which would make it difficult to know when to pick up/when not.

You mentioned voicemail. I am wondering how to overcome that problem. I want people to be able to reach me if needed - but if I can't answer, I don't want them to leave a message on the UM/CallBlue GSM phone because its expensive to get voicemail (right?). I'm guessing the solution is to leave a greeting on the GSM phone that says, 'call my regular phone and leave your message there' type of thing. Anybody have a better solution/idea on making that a cleaner process for callers (maybe with call forwarding or something)?

Can anyone tell me how the SMS works? How do US contacts send SMS messages to a GSM phone? In effect, what phone #/address to they send it to? And how do I address/send SMS to a US phone from abroad?