View Single Post
Old
  (#312)
ChrisNeedsToKnow (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 19-09-2013, 10:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBK View Post
Have you tried setting up a VPN on the mobile, and tethering afterwards?

This should circumvent any filtering and tethering blocks.

Furthermore, have you tried contacting support to ask if they are blocking tethering or if the problem is on their side?
I tried the VPN on both mobile and laptop - to no avail.
The same VPN worked through virginmobile (on both laptop and mobile), so no doubts about the setup.

APN must have been correct since toggle gave me access to the internet over the phone.

Tethering in general must have equally worked, since some pages (google) opened via tethering on the laptop, even on toggle.

It is as if only some (most) pages + vpn were blocked.

Had it been more than a weekend I would´ve contacted customer support, like this I didn´t have the time. It´d be interesting to know before another potential trip though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonkiller View Post
A new tariff SMS arrived tonight on my UK Toggle-Mobile card (Swiss Nr.):

Your toggle mobile local is 41xxxxxxxx. Calls and Texts are free to receive in Switzerland and pay no more than 9p/min to make calls and send texts to toggle mobile countries. Browse internet just for 15p/MB

Anyone got that as well?

BK
Same here. They are very erratic with their info-SMSes, and what is written in these SMSes doesn´t always correspond with what they really do.

I maintain: It´s a pitty that Lyca seems to manage the complicated bits in setting up such a great service/idea, but fail miserably at packaging into a really beneficial/reliable offer.

Last edited by ChrisNeedsToKnow; 19-09-2013 at 10:19..