View Single Post
Old
  (#118)
talon4x4 (Offline)

Default 07-09-2013, 21:40

My wife will be travelling to Germany for 6 days and then driving to Belgium and staying for 2 days. I'm struggling to figure out the best sim for her cell phone (unlocked AT&T iPhone 5). There are just so many options. After reading through all 12 pages of this thread and doing some other research it looks like onesimcard will be the best option.

Here are my reasons:
- Will work in both countries (don't want her to worry about finding multiple sim cards)
- local USA number provided for free (so the children and I can call her for free)
- I can purchase a 1 week data package. Its small (100mb = .30/mb) but most of her time will be spent working or in a hotel where they have WiFi
- no charge for incoming sms or voice calls
- Free concierge service (could be useful as this is her first EU visit)

Things I'm not concerned with:
- How long card stays active
- Losing credits
- working anywhere but the two countries listed above

My other thought was to go with Keepgo.com. You get $10/day to spend on voice or data, unused gets rolled to next day. Incoming and outgoing calls are $.11/min and data is $.65/mb and sms is $.20/msg to send (receive free). Any day in which the full $10 isn't used gets rolled into the next day. There is no charge for the sim card. Comes with local USA number.

I would like to hear thoughts and opinions on these two services.

Thanks!!